Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Anthony Sowell Case Profiled for Discovery True Crime Show

Anthony Sowell online profile shot

This weekend I’m heading to Vancouver to tape some work for an episode of The Devil You Know, a Discovery true crime series. The episode I’m working on as both on-air and consultant is for Anthony Sowell, the subject of my next true crime book for Penguin.
The episode focuses on Lori Frazier, who was Sowell’s girlfriend during a time in 2006-2009 he was killing women in his Cleveland ghetto neighborhood and stashing the bodies around his house.  Frazier is a former crackhead and is the niece of Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson, which creates some kind of class confusion.
A lot of these production houses – the one in this Make Believe Media– are looking to true crime books to adapt. I was alerted to one posting the other day that seemed a little too blatant – It read: “True Crime Authors: If you're interested in having your book profiled on Season 2 of Deadly Sins (Discovery ID) please email me at (name omitted) and I'll send you the criteria for cases we're looking to profile. Feel free to share as we need lots of stories for this season and preferably ones that are fresh and new." I’d be wary of anyone who feels compelled to tell me they are looking for “preferably” stories that are fresh and new.  So would the agency entertain stories that aren’t? 

No comments:

Post a Comment