Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Book on Anthony Sowell, Cleveland Serial Killer, Hits October 2


It was an interesting ride, writing a true crime slasher book, Nobody’s Women: The Crimes and Victims of Anthony Sowell, the Cleveland Serial Killer. The book hits October 2. Between 2007 and 2009, Sowell murdered 1 women, luring them off the streets and into his three-story house in the middle of one of Cleveland’s most squalid neighborhoods. He kept their bodies in his house and buried them in his basement and back yard. I talked with Sowell a few times while writing the book and will be sure to send him a copy. It was quickly apparent that he had no guilt over his actions. When he realized that I was not going to pay him for a conversation, nor would I treat him with any respect, he stopped calling and writing me. I’ll print some of his letters here after the book is released. For the necessary evil, the hardest part of any book, I’ll be in Cleveland for a week in October. On Saturday, October 6, a performance of The Violence of One, a performance/play about the sagas of Sowell and fellow Clevelander Jeffrey Dahmer will take place at Baldwin Wallace College, then again on October 11 at the east campus of Cuyahoga Community College. I’ll be at both of them; Tom Sutton and his crew at Baldwin Wallace do some ambitious work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment